1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

global variables + oscommerce

i am modifying oscommerce for a client and adding new features
    i am trying to use global variables and it seems to work fine on most of the pages. however

when it gets to the checkout, i want to grab the customers basket id and pass it through a global variable.

i have grabbed the id and it is saved as $customers_basket_id on the page checkout_confirmation.php

i have tried everything i can think of to pass this info to checkout_success.php but i cant get it to work. i wanted confirmation that i am passing a global correctly (simple stuff i know but i am so frustrated that i cant get it to work want to make sure im doing i right.)

on checkout confirmation.php i type

global $customers_basket_id; (set global var)

then

$customers_basket_id = $another_variable; (assign global var)

then-on checkout_success.php

global $customers_basket_id; (declare global var for use)

then
    echo $customers_basket_id; (echo it so i can see if it has been passed)

this is what i have done but it echoes nothing on checkout_success.php

i cant really explain what i need it for here cos it would take pages to explain! but basically thats all i need-get the basket id and pass it to the next page

i can get it no prob but passing it seems like the hardest thing in the world to me although it should be the simplest!

have tried passing as a $_POST values as the button to checkou_success.php is a from submit button - no joy

nothing seems to work!!

could someone confirm that i am correct in my global passing please?

also - i am posting this on the oscommerce forum
  3. No Profile Picture

Your variable will need to be passed first to checkout_process.php - this is what processes the order - then the code redirects to checkout_success.php.

You may have other issues with this depending on the payment processor you are using. If the processor relies on data from checkout_confirmation.php being posted to the processors site you will need to find a way to pass the data through and back to checkout_process.php.

Your best bet is to save it as part of the session - then it will be there until the session is lost on a logout or when the browser is closed.

See how comments are saved into the session round line 40 of checkout_confirmation.php.
  5. No Profile Picture

cheers
    didnt realise about checkout process
    there are so many includes in oscommerce its hard to see what is going on and ive been working on it for weeks!

i used sessions and that seems to work fine

thanks for the info

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo