1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need some guidance please

I want to create a gaming topsite where users would be able to add their servers to the top list

-- users would first have to register ( i know how to do this part)

-- then i want to use the information that the user entered and display it on the homepage (where i want the toplist to be)

however, i can't figure out what what the code should look like for the users detail to appear on the homepage,in a list like style, so that each new added 'top' would be be below the others and their would then either move up or down depending on votes.

I am not requesting anyone to create any code for me, could you give me guidance in terms of what i need to learn to do this, or link me to some tutorials etc.
    Appreciate it a lot
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

5. No Profile Picture

sorry my bad, added more information
  7. No Profile Picture

Hello

For displaying the details of user in homepage you have to use $_ functions like $_server , $_post etc.

thanks
  9. No Profile Picture

i know how to display the detail, but i dont know how to make it so that i tautomatically posts on the homepage and goes in a list like like style and then go up or down depending on the votes
  11. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by John_gill
    For displaying the details of user in homepage you have to use $_ functions like $_server , $_post etc.
    Should probably use some PHP too. Maybe even a keyboard and mouse. Oh, and those aren't functions.

The simple version of this is to store a score for each server. Positive votes increase it, negative votes decrease it. Then display the list of servers but sort (in reverse) by the score.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by requinix
    Should probably use some PHP too. Maybe even a keyboard and mouse. Oh, and those aren't functions.

The simple version of this is to store a score for each server. Positive votes increase it, negative votes decrease it. Then display the list of servers but sort (in reverse) by the score.

i think you are right dude..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo