1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Guide to create Video & Documents sharing site in PHP

I would appreciate if anyone could guide me (a walkthrough) for
    how to create a Video & Documents sharing website in PHP. This site would be used by students for uploading videos and sharing notes, documents with one another, chat, whiteboard etc. I know somewhat of PHP programming.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Dazed&Confused
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

I highly doubt you'll find a worthwhile tutorial specifically to accomplish this goal, and then many of the tutorials out there are antiquated or just not very well written.

If you want to build this from the ground up then you'll be wanting to break the project into smaller components. If it's specifically for students then the first step will probably be creating a login system.

We have a tutorial and example for that here, under our PHP FAQs and Stickies.

Once that's in place it can be fine tuned to your situation, then it'll be on to something like file uploading/handling.
  5. No Profile Picture

Thanks

Thanks, appreciate your guide.
  7. No Profile Picture

there are already several readymade scripts available for creating your own video sharing sites like clipbucket, wordpressmoneytube, etc. also you can upload in bulk videos once you create video sharing sites using a service called videoswiper.com. there are also scripts available to create your own online video downloader and a streamer at vidfetch.com .

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo