1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hard disk total space!!!!!

Hi i have a problem.. how can i see computers hard disk total space in the network using php?

Comments on this post

• Jacques1 disagrees : not again ...
    • PaulGer disagrees
  3. No Profile Picture

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=php+harddisk+space
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by acray
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=php+harddisk+space

that one is for your hardisk only. thats not working in the network.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

You have already asked this in another thread and were given several ideas of ways to do this.
    OTHER THREAD
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by DonR
    You have already asked this in another thread and were given several ideas of ways to do this.
    OTHER THREAD

yap but i dnt understand it further more. i want more ideas.
  11. No Profile Picture

posted one more idea in your other thread.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by acray
    posted one more idea in your other thread.

more and more.
  15. No Profile Picture

Just noticed that other thread was closed. I agree with the other posters that your looking for others to make the solution for you rather than provide pointers.

But since I already said I would share an idea...

If you have shell access to both the local web server and the network server, mount a volume from your network server to a folder on your local web server.

Then call disk_free_space ( "path/to/remote/volume/mounted/as/local/folder" )

I'm not sure it would work, but it's worth a shot.

NOTE: SSH sessions and mounting volumes are no trivial task for someone who's never done it before. It's likely not worth your time to ask follow up questions unless you've spent quite a bit of time reading already written tutorials/man pages and come back with specific questions, asked in the appropriate forum.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

From your other thread that was CLOSED
    Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    You cannot determine how much disk space a remote machine on the network has without involving some type of networking protocol. There is no single function in any programming language that will do this for you. Posts 7 and 17 contain suggestions for ways of programming this, but every solution to this problem will involve quite a bit more than just calling a single function. No one on this board will write the code for you.

You can research the recommended solutions and pick one to implement. If you run into problems with the implementation, you can create another thread and ask for assistance with that specific implementation. If you create another thread for this, please indicate specifically which approach you have decided to take, and post at least an initial attempt at writing the code for it.
    You should probably expect this thread to be closed soon...as you don't seem to have taken any of the other IDEAS seriously AND just seem to want to continue to ask for MORE and MORE instead of acting upon any of the other Ideas.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Here is a list of questions you must ask yourself to determine which approach you can use to solve this problem:
    1) What operating systems are the remote systems running?
    2) What operating system is the system with the PHP script running?
    3) What services are already available on the remote systems (ex: HTTP, SSH, SMB, PowerShell, NFS, etc.)
    4) What services or programs are you allowed to install on the remote systems?

We cannot answer those questions for you. A solution to this problem cannot be programmed without knowing the answers.

If the answer to 3 and 4 is none, then you cannot solve this problem.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  21. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by p_grahambel
    more and more.
    You are the f*cking Count Dracula of help vampires ...

I don't think anybody can help you. There just isn't any progress on your part. People keep telling you things and making suggestions, but all you ever do is cry for help.

I'm sorry, but we cannot help you learning. If you just cannot understand the basics of your operating system, why not ask a more experienced collegue or friend to help you with your task? That's certainly better than starting the same useless discussion all over again.

Comments on this post

• paulh1983 agrees : lol..
    • PaulGer agrees
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo