1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello All need some assistance

Hello all, basically I am trying to create a top site, i was wondering how should i start off writing my php so that when user clicks on the register.php page and fills in the fields such as the username, password and other information about their server such as the title and description it would automatically appear on the homepage list, also how can I make every other server listing have different background colour, for example 1server -light yellow background 2.dark yellow and repeat
  3. Recovering Intellectual
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

You should probably start by breaking these requirements down into steps assuming you will be doing the work yourself.

i.e.

1. PHP page to collect user data
    2. Store collected data into a databse
    3. PHP page to display user data
    4. etc.

Then investigate each step and google tutorials on how to start programming in PHP/MySQL/CSS/HTML - Bring any questions you have back here to the appropriate forum.

Good luck.
    Bugs that go away by themselves come back by themselves
    Beware - your loyalty will not be rewarded
  5. No Profile Picture

to make things clearer about my first post. An example

user would first of all register like here: topofgames.com/index.php?register

and then all the information would be displayed on the homepage like this one: topofgames.com
  7. Recovering Intellectual

Correct. I got that from your first post - though further clarification doesnt hurt.

Do you intend to make this yourself? Do you have any programming experience?

If not, then we have a forum called 'hire a programmer' - if so, then please feel free to read the stickies, take some tutorials, and get some basic code together. I'd start with creating a web-form and posting the results to the browser.
  9. No Profile Picture

yeah i wanna do it all myself but I am new to php only have the basic understanding. Maybe you recommend some sort of videos which could help me with this?

I am not rushing with this wanna do it myself to learn php as I will need it in Uni too
  11. Recovering Intellectual

Almost any of these will do: https://www.google.com/search?client...utf-8&oe=utf-8

You will need:

1. A home page that reads user data out of the database that is received from:
    2. A registration page with a form that collects user data

Remember your most important weapon is going to be your editor (look into VIM, Emacs, GEdit, Notepad++) and www.google.com

If you come up against any problems bring the code back here and we can help you solve the issue - but remember to use code tags and post in the appropriate forum
  13. No Profile Picture

alright thanks a lot

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo