Thread: Help needed

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help needed

what does "fb_xd_fragment#xd_sig=fc03075aa8ceec&xd_action=proxy_ready&data&xd_rel=parent.parent&relation=paren t.parent&xd_origin=https%3A%2F%2Fs-static.ak.facebook.com" mean which comes after my webpage address. When i click this link i along with my webpage address i takes me to a blank page.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

This is not a PHP question but it looks to me like a referral URL from a search engine. It is meant to keep statistics on which pages you are going to and coming from. In other words it is not a direct URL to your page.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by gw1500se
    This is not a PHP question but it looks to me like a referral URL from a search engine. It is meant to keep statistics on which pages you are going to and coming from. In other words it is not a direct URL to your page.
    Am sorry for posting this question in a irrelevant thread and thank you for your reply. Actually i got the link through the live chat monitor in my website and i get to see the only this specific visitor visiting to this link and as it had proxy and facebook in its link i wanted to know is it something which will spread virus in my website. Could you explain me in detail of what the link indicates. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Priya
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

It probably won't infect your web site but it could add tracking cookies to your client. A good AV package will stop that in either case. However, this has nothing to do with your server, unless you are also using a browser on it too. The server is responding to a URL from the referrer. The above URL is not what your server actually sees. You can see what your server is getting by adding this to your web page:
    PHP Code:
    echo $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"].$_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"]; 
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo