Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    Dearest p_grahambel, E-Oreo gave you two possible solutions. Use them.

If you ignore solutions just because you don't understand them yet, you won't go very far.

wut about cmd sir?
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Wut about it?

Stop calling me "sir" or "dear", for god's sake. I already told you. I'm neither your boss nor your sweetheart.

I understand English is not your native language (same with me). And judging from your chat speak, you're probably only 12 or so. But when I ask you to not call me "dear" and you continue to do so, I get the impression you're making fun of me.

No "dear", no "sir", OK? Just leave it out.

OK, I see you don't like what E-Oreo said and now look for alternative solutions. Maybe the PowerShell suits your preferences.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. No Profile Picture

Unhappy

Wut about it?

Stop calling me "sir" or "dear", for god's sake. I already told you. I'm neither your boss nor your sweetheart.

I understand English is not your native language (same with me). And judging from your chat speak, you're probably only 12 or so. But when I ask you to not call me "dear" and you continue to do so, I get the impression you're making fun of me.

No "dear", no "sir", OK? Just leave it out.

OK, I see you don't like what E-Oreo said and now look for alternative solutions. Maybe the PowerShell suits your preferences.

ok.. can u help me?
  7. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

I don't know how.

You asked for a CMD solution, I gave you one -- which is the third(!) suggestion now. Yet nothing seems to satisfy you.

This gets us nowhere. If you got a concrete question about the suggested solutions, tell us. But I'm not interested in yet another page of "Can u help me?". Sorry.

If you wait for us to write the code for you: We don't do that.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  9. No Profile Picture

I don't know how.

You asked for a CMD solution, I gave you one -- which is the third(!) suggestion now. Yet nothing seems to satisfy you.

This gets us nowhere. If you got a concrete question about the suggested solutions, tell us. But I'm not interested in yet another page of "Can u help me?". Sorry.

If you wait for us to write the code for you: We don't do that.

ok. wut third again?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I am closing this thread, sorry. There seems to be too much of a language barrier here for further replies to be productive.

You cannot determine how much disk space a remote machine on the network has without involving some type of networking protocol. There is no single function in any programming language that will do this for you. Posts 7 and 17 contain suggestions for ways of programming this, but every solution to this problem will involve quite a bit more than just calling a single function. No one on this board will write the code for you.

You can research the recommended solutions and pick one to implement. If you run into problems with the implementation, you can create another thread and ask for assistance with that specific implementation. If you create another thread for this, please indicate specifically which approach you have decided to take, and post at least an initial attempt at writing the code for it.

----

And also an off topic note on English. I don't want to criticize you, because I'm sure you speak English better than I can speak any other language, but I hope it helps you:

"sir" is very formal, and using it in informal situations, like on a forum, makes it seem like you are mocking people, even if that isn't your actual intent. It is most often used only in speech, and not used very often in writing.

"dear" is very informal and is not something you would say to someone you don't know very well. It's appropriate to use it between people who are romantically involved, and in some cases between family members, but in most other cases it is not appropriate (particularly when dealing with people that you do not know). * Except, because English is weird, using "dear" to start a formal letter/message is sometimes appropriate (for historical reasons), but since it is difficult to tell the difference, I recommend not using it ever. Just start messages/letters with a standard greeting - "hello" (most formal, almost always appropriate), "hi" (most friendly, usually appropriate), or "hey" (least formal, sometimes not appropriate); and end messages with something like "Sincerely" (very formal, not always appropriate), "Thanks" (somewhat formal, usually appropriate), or "Cheers" (informal, sometimes not appropriate). A forum post is an informal setting, so pick any of those six choices and nobody will think your message is odd.
    Last edited by E-Oreo; February 17th, 2013 at 10:55 PM.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo