1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I need help finding something...

On my site, http://pixelitforward.com on the "Buy Pixels" page, you will see the following text:

Price: $100.00 per 10 x 10 pixel block ($1. per pixel)

I want to change the $1. to $1.00, and I have looked in all of the php files, etc, but I can not seem to find where to change this. Can someone please help me figure this out?

Thanks
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

how are we supposed to find that out without any PHP code? We're not psychic.

So if you want us to help you, find the script which generates this text and post it.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    Hi,

how are we supposed to find that out without any PHP code? We're not psychic.

So if you want us to help you, find the script which generates this text and post it.
    If I knew that I would be able to find it. There are a lot of files, and I looked through all of them, but I could not find it. I'm usually pretty good about that sort of thing, but this is a tricky one. Thanks. I can maybe zip the files and then upload them somewhere if anyone wants to take a look.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

check in this directory/file.. pixels/get_pixels.php and look for a form in that get_pixels.php file. If you find the form in that file, you should be able to find the text that you want to change.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

This is where I love the Search/Find in multiple files function of my PSPad. I'd search for 'pixel block' or 'per pixel' and expect to land right around where I'd be aiming.
  11. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Why are these pixel art sites popping back up? They didn't make any money in 1999 either.

Well, ok, that one guy made money. The first guy to think of it. But he didn't make much, and he certainly wasn't charging a dollar a pixel.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    Why are these pixel art sites popping back up? They didn't make any money in 1999 either.

Well, ok, that one guy made money. The first guy to think of it. But he didn't make much, and he certainly wasn't charging a dollar a pixel.
    According to news reports, and wikipedia, he made over $1MIL. His name is Alex Tew. He was charging $1 per pixel...$1 per pixel - 1 million pixel grid = $1MIL hence the name milliondollarhomepage.com. Anyway, I'm not going to do the same thing this is a little personal experiment I am trying. Thanks.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo