1. web.graphic.print
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Talking Image format conversion

I'm writing a plugin for images. I'm wondering if there's a php script or something like that out there that can convert a wide range of image formats to other formats. I'm trying to allow for the broadest number of image formats possible for upload by the user, which will probably be converted to jpeg or png's. Any ideas?
    Fire Minded
    Brent Bevans
    43654 Colony dr., Lancaster, CA 93536
    fire.minded.design@gmail.com
    http://www.fireminded.com
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

PHP can use the GD library and ImageMagick, which supports many more formats. Some servers may have one or both already installed.

*** This seems to be a PHP question. Thread Moved. ***
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. web.graphic.print
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Talking

I know about gd and imagemagick but I'm trying to translate more than just a handful of formats. More than what gd offers, at least.
    Fire Minded
    Brent Bevans
    43654 Colony dr., Lancaster, CA 93536
    fire.minded.design@gmail.com
    http://www.fireminded.com
  7. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

So what's wrong with ImageMagick? What's your super-special format not supported by ImageMagick?
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo