1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Nobbies beach, Gold Coast. It's beautiful.

Iphone ipad version of php database driven websites

Hello;

I make websites in php and simple html css.

I need so direction to start building the ap version of the websites fro iphone, ipad and other devices.

Any help would be appreciate. For example what IDE to use or how to do the database connections how to...

Thanks
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The IDE and Database you choose have nothing to do with the downstream compatibility with tablet devices. Tablet compatibility is all CSS and JavaScript.

Try your site on a tablet, see how it works.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    The IDE and Database you choose have nothing to do with the downstream compatibility with tablet devices. Tablet compatibility is all CSS and JavaScript.

Try your site on a tablet, see how it works.
    I am pretty sure it is more complicated than javascript and css. If device is horizontal show this view, otherwise show the other view. Xcode I think is specially designed for this but I am not sure, I thought I get some comments here it saves me some time. Thanks
  7. Sarcky

You are incorrect. The tablet handles whether or not the tablet's screen is horizontal or vertical. You don't have to write any special code to allow me to drag my Chrome window to different sizes, so you don't need to write any special code to allow me to turn my tablet sideways.

X-Code is for app development, not websites. Did you mean to ask about app development? You posted in the PHP section. PHP is not used for writing apps.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    You are incorrect. The tablet handles whether or not the tablet's screen is horizontal or vertical. You don't have to write any special code to allow me to drag my Chrome window to different sizes, so you don't need to write any special code to allow me to turn my tablet sideways.

X-Code is for app development, not websites. Did you mean to ask about app development? You posted in the PHP section. PHP is not used for writing apps.
    Yes I asked thew ap version of the website. It is ap development I assume. Thanks I am gonna check the ap development forum.
    Cheers
  11. Sarcky

There's no "app version of a website." There's websites. Some websites have mobile versions, which are simplified CSS/JavaScript to be compatible with small touch-screen devices. Then there are applications, which are stand-alone pieces of code which run on an operating system. Half-Life 2 is an application. Angry Birds is an application. Chrome is an application. DevShed is a website which works on desktop and mobile browsers just fine without having a mobile version.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo