Thread: Learn php

1. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Learn php

any one help me how i can learn php program? Is word press blog support php?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If PHP will be your first attempt at programming, I suggest getting a book because you have a lot to learn about programming, not just PHP syntax.

If this is just a new language to you, there are tutorial websites out there - just google for them. The PHP manual is a great resource for finding out how to use functions and other stuff - http://www.php.net/manual/en/index.php

This site as well as several others can help you with problems when you actually start writing some scripts. Again - just google for php forums when you are at that point.

Good luck.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

thank you fr sharing.is php is more difficult?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Is it more difficult? More difficult than what?

By itself, PHP is not a hard language to learn. But if this is your first attempt at learning how to program, you will probably have a lot of learning to do
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

thank you for your suggestion.kindly know me which writer book is good for php?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'm not an expert. I would go to a store and look at several books and see which one makes the most sense to you.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

thank you for sharing.i will wait your suggestion.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by nurmia
    thank you for sharing.i will wait your suggestion.
    No - I meant for you to go to a store and see which makes most sense to You.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Thank you. i will go to store and buy a book. kindly know me where you live? and what is your profession? i write it because you are like as my good friend.don't mind.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Good idea. I have purchased many books over the years when I needed to learn something new. Take your time - look thru the pages and read some of the first chapters to see if the writer makes sense to you. Some books are way too hard for absolute beginners to understand. Find one that makes sense to you.

Me? I'm a retired computer guy. Spent 35 years in the industry starting as a lowly programmer and ending up as the technical manager for an IS department. Now retired, I've taught myself PHP, JS and CSS in order to work on my new hobby of managing my own website, which I never got into during my career. And also enjoy helping out those on forums like this who are making the attempt to help themselves and not just asking for people to write their code for them.

Good luck in your learning experience!
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'M new to PHP but one of my favorite places to code is Codeacademy , you get your hands dirty and it lays down the basics well, i also think TUXRADAR is pretty thorough
    and finally nothing replaces php.net , everything is there, but i think W3schools always explains it in the easiest way to understand.
    Happy coding

<I LOVE CODE>
    <I LOVE PHP>
    <THE BEAUTIFUL MARRIAGE OF <SCRIPT/> AND <?PHP ?> >
  23. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Please, no w3schools.

It's a pity that they still aren't on the blacklist of this forum, so we have to repeat it again and again: w3schools is one of the worst sites out there. It's infamous for wrong and outdated information, insecure code, bad practices and plain nonsense. They're not affiliated with the W3C in any way. They only use that name to fool newbies and sell their worthless certificates.

So by all means, keep away from w3schools. If you're looking for serious resources on HTML, CSS and JavaScript, check the Mozilla Developer Network. They have plenty of tutorials, and they actually teach you correct code.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  25. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Thank you for your great & great info.i am finding this info.Your info is very helpful for me that you post hear. please keep up posting.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Jacques: you mentioned mozilla, yet they endorse w3schools on their site!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo