1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Question Linking php with mysql database

Hello,
    Am working on a project that require to build a web site, and among all I learn in my one semester web programming classs I have to use them in my final project. Ranging from; html, css,php, form, javascript, to mysql.
    Well the problem is, how will I link my mysql database to my php server?
    Am just a biginner in web so am stock, and ideas code me with it.
    Thanks
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

you need to get familiar with looking up information yourself. There won't always be somebody to premasticate it for you.

How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by sedat
    how will I link my mysql database to my php server?
    Was just wondering based on wording... Is your project all on one server? Or do you have some at home, some at school? If different, accessing the MySQL server will need more a defined address than a local one. And I'm assuming a school will offer remote connections to a point, but as a note, not all server will, as a step of security.
    He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo