1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Login form text help

Hi

I have got a login page and after I log in, it takes me to a page I set in the coding which is great but I want to display some text or have a popup box saying I have successfully logged in, is that possible and if so how do I do it or can someone point me in the right direction please

Thank you in advance

Ian
  3. Known to taste like chicken
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

i assume that part of your login you are setting session variables etc, so you should be able to check to see if they are logged in and echo a welcome message, or if you really must have a popup, echo out a css/div 'popup' or use javascript alert(). Popups are crazy annoying though, so i personally would only use them in dev, not live.

You could equally issue a redirect or echo out the login form if they hit that page and are not logged in.
    "Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door" - Homer J Simpson / Edgar Allan Poe

Looking for a project Idea?
  5. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

checking the standard session values doesn't work, because that doesn't tell you if the user has just logged in.

You could simply pass an URL parameter saying "login=true" or something. Of course you could do the same thing with an extra cookie or session value, but I find that kind of oversized. You'd also need to explicitly remove it after the first visit.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo