1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Login/registration form urgent help

Hi

Got couple of problems I need urgent help with

I need a urgent login and registration script that works, the current one I am using is no good for the following reasons

I register and stores the info in the database but when I go to login with the details I have just registered, it says the password is wrong so I check it and copy the password from the database into the login form and works, trouble is the password in the database is not the one I created, its generating a different password in the database, think its using all that md5 stuff to hide the password

so I need a login and registration form that actually logs in with the password I create in the registration form

My second problem is I need to display the username of the user logged in on a order confirmation page

Please help me, been trying for hours and the brain is going now and eyes are hurting from trying to figure it out

Thank you in advance

Kind regards

Ian

Comments on this post

• ptr2void disagrees : Hire someone that knows what they're doing before you're hacked.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by ianhaney
    Hi

I need a urgent login and registration script that works,
    Thank you in advance

Kind regards

Ian
    Courtesy of E-Oreo

http://forums.devshed.com/php-faqs-and-stickies-167/how-to-program-a-basic-but-secure-login-system-using-891201.html
  5. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

seriously, when this is an actual online shop (you were talking about an order confirmation page), then do what ptr2void said and hire a programmer. A shop with customer data isn't something for playing around and trying out "that md5 stuff".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo