1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Looking for open source billing / membership software

Greetings,

I'm curious to know if there are any open source PHP/MySQL based applications that meet the following simple requirements:

• Offer built-in payment gateway(s) for at least PayPal
    • Allow digital assets to be "sold"
    • Have some sort of a membership system with re-occuring charges
    • Have some sort of API or way to execute custom php code per product/service

I've found various billing software that does not allow digital "products" and I have found shopping cart software that does not allow memberships. I'm trying to find something with sort of an all-in-one feel to it. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

A good example of a commercial version of what I am looking for would be "IP.Nexus"

Thanks
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't know of any recurring billing platforms which are open source (and I work for one of the largest enterprise recurring billing companies). Any open source tech you find probably won't store payment credentials due to liability reasons, so you probably won't find any recurring platforms for free. Look into Swipe, a small(er) billing platform designed for developers.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

I dont think there is any such software .
  7. No Profile Picture

Lightbulb

Magento + OpenERP = winner

Both are open source and can achieve what you are looking for + much more.

We recently did integration for a clothing company, their requirement was little different though. It involved webshop + POS.
  9. No Profile Picture

Alright, thanks for everyone's help. I appreciate it.
  11. No Profile Picture
    I haz teh codez!
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    I don't know of any recurring billing platforms which are open source (and I work for one of the largest enterprise recurring billing companies). Any open source tech you find probably won't store payment credentials due to liability reasons, so you probably won't find any recurring platforms for free. Look into Swipe, a small(er) billing platform designed for developers.
    I'm quite sure -- at least I sincerely hope -- you don't work for the one that makes my life a living hell on a regular basis! Based on your location, I doubt you do; more importantly, given the way they do things, I don't think you would work for them.
    I ♥ ManiacDan & requinix

This is a sig, and not necessarily a comment on the OP:
    Please don't be a help vampire!
  13. No Profile Picture

Also, just so anyone else knows that is looking for the same thing, jBilling seems to look good. We have actually decided for our needs that we are going to just write our own billing component for our website which is already being made from scratch using PHP, however for those interested in an open source solution you can find jBilling here: (I can't post URLs, just Google "jBilling" and look for the Community Edition)
  15. Sarcky

Originally Posted by ptr2void
    I'm quite sure -- at least I sincerely hope -- you don't work for the one that makes my life a living hell on a regular basis! Based on your location, I doubt you do; more importantly, given the way they do things, I don't think you would work for them.
    My company has a "headquarters" office in San Francisco, but the real engineering work is done here in the Philadelphia area. It's named after a certain kind of Italian song...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  17. No Profile Picture
    I haz teh codez!
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    My company has a "headquarters" office in San Francisco, but the real engineering work is done here in the Philadelphia area. It's named after a certain kind of Italian song...
    Excellent, that's not it as I suspected. The bane of our existence is headquartered down the Bay a little ways. The people in charge of making the decision were sold a nice bill of (false) goods.
    I ♥ ManiacDan & requinix

This is a sig, and not necessarily a comment on the OP:
    Please don't be a help vampire!
  19. Sarcky

Z, potentially. If the same company, the bane of my existence as well. They're damn good salesmen and boy is their app shiny. Under the hood is an IOU for a billing solution.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo