1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Mimic MS Access Close Restriction?

Well, my project is pretty much a conversion from a Microsoft Access interface. When the user is logged in, they cannot close Access until they close their viewed screens and choose Log Out on the main screen, which brings them back to the login screen and offers the ability to close Access.

I feel this may not be possible w/ browsers, but perhaps any ideas to achieve similar?

(This is cross-posted, so I apologize. I figure JS is best for the disabling of items options, but thinking PHP may kinda be able to run some kind of automated process "OnBrowserClose" or something?)
    He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by Triple_Nothing
    I figure JS is best for the disabling of items options, but thinking PHP may kinda be able to run some kind of automated process "OnBrowserClose" or something?
    Nope. Once PHP has outputted the HTML and whatnot, the rest is out of its hands. If you want something done client-side then you cannot use PHP for it.

Locking so people reply to the other thread instead of this one.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo