1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Modifying "Post" to "Get"

I have a php script which I want to modify the "post" to "get". I am not receiving post data so I want submitted data send to my email address directly.

Anyone, please help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

its not going to happen with magic is it?

post the code you have so far. and what problems did you have when you converted it from POST to get?
  5. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Why are you trying to convert this? And what does your email have anything to do with it?
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  7. Mad Scientist
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

PHP Code:
    $_POST $_GET
    ?????
    I said I didn't like ORM!!! <?php $this->model->update($this->request->resources[0])->set($this->request->getData())->getData('count'); ?>

PDO vs mysql_* functions: Find a Migration Guide Here

[ Xeneco - T'interweb Development ] - [ Are you a Help Vampire? ] - [ Read The manual! ] - [ W3 methods - GET, POST, etc ] - [ Web Design Hell ]
  9. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by Northie
    PHP Code:
    $_POST $_GET
    ?????
    Just as confused as you are buddy
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Maybe you've changed your form to method="GET", but haven't changed your variables wherever you process the form from

Code:
    $something = $_POST['something']
    to

Code:
    $something = $_GET['something']
    Although I don't understand why you'd want to use GET over POST.
  13. Mad Scientist
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by stevenatherton4
    Although I don't understand why you'd want to use GET over POST.
    GET and POST have their own semantics (along with PUT, HEAD, DELETE and others).

They should be used for their intended purpose, especially if you want to look at ReSTful interfaces
    I said I didn't like ORM!!! <?php $this->model->update($this->request->resources[0])->set($this->request->getData())->getData('count'); ?>

PDO vs mysql_* functions: Find a Migration Guide Here

[ Xeneco - T'interweb Development ] - [ Are you a Help Vampire? ] - [ Read The manual! ] - [ W3 methods - GET, POST, etc ] - [ Web Design Hell ]
  15. Web Developer/Musician
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I make it a rule not to modify globals that PHP fills itself. Copy $POST and use it or change the form to POST if you have access to it. You can overwrite $POST or $GET but there is no need to.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo