1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hello again,

I have a small problem. I have a form that grabs reords from a mySQL database and presents the information in a nice pulldown menu. The client now wants that little menu to be a list that you can select multiple resords from (this is a brochure request for - the list has a max of 12 pieces).

I know how to get the form to look the way I want, but when I parse the form with the little app I wrote in PHP that varifies the data entered, checks feilds, and then enters it in a mySQL database for tracking purposes - there is only one record in the database - even though there were more that one records selected. Now I am simply entering $properties (the variable of the menu feild) in the the INSERT statement of my database query - do I need to parse the records selected first - what am I doing wrong...?

Please help and as always - thank you for whatever can be done or said. I just love this stuff! :-)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

first you need to make your select name properties[] to make it an array. Then when you process it you cannot simply add an array to the database so you need to implode the array to a string I would suggest just doing $string = implode(", ", $properties);
    Then inserting $string to the db. On the other end you will need to explode the string to get it back into an array to repopulate the multi-select box