1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Multiple Submit button actions

Howdy. I simply have 1 form doing 3 things. When a company is selected from a previous list, it arrives at this Profile page, which contains Company Name, Number, ... in a "View" mode. The button displayed at bottom here adjusts it to "Edit" mode, setting everything in text boxes/drop-downs. If someone clicks "Add new..." from the list page, they arrive at this same "Edit" mode, but with blank fields.

Now, I currently have this building the "Submit" button at bottom:
    PHP Code:
                                  <?php

if($_GET['action'] == 'add') { ?>
                                  <INPUT type="button" value=" Add " onClick="parent.location='?loc=rolodex&action=create&id=<?php echo $companyID?>'" />
                                  <?php } elseif($_GET['action'] == 'view') { ?>
                                  <INPUT type="button" value=" Edit " onClick="parent.location='?loc=rolodex&action=edit&id=<?php echo $companyID?>'" />
                                  <?php } elseif($_GET['action'] == 'edit') { ?>
                                  <INPUT type="button" value=" Update " onClick="parent.location='?loc=rolodex&action=update&id=<?php echo $companyID?>'" />
                                  <?php ?>
    But I assume this will not truely SUBMIT the content of the form, since its relation is meerly button. Does anyone have a suggested way of how I can pull off my goal? The 2 options I was thinking so far was either creating an if/then/else to define the form's action attribute, or provide a hidden item. Any better suggestions, perhaps?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Either of the two options you came up with are fine solutions.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo