1. Join Date
    Sep 2013

Unhappy Newbie so i need your help

Hi friends.
    I am newbie in php and my friend teaching me php.
    i need your help.

he told me that i need some software to run php. like
    1) Web Server (apache)
    2) php software
    3) database (MYsql)
    4) Text Editor
    5) Web Browser

I was going to install XAMPP software

but he said i should use WAMPP that is more professional than XAMPP for windows users

I am confuse because of two things. 1st I am unfamiliar with WAMPP and which Text Editor is best for php editing.

there are many text editors in marketing

any preference
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

Originally Posted by same2cool
    but he said i should use WAMPP that is more professional than XAMPP for windows users
    I'm pretty sure your friend meant WampServer and not WAMPP, because "WAMPP" is the old name of the XAMPP package for Windows.

Whether you choose WampServer or XAMPP doesn't really matter. Both are simply compilations of Apache, PHP and MySQL (and some other stuff).

Originally Posted by same2cool
    I am confuse because of two things. 1st I am unfamiliar with WAMPP and which Text Editor is best for php editing.

there are many text editors in marketing
    There is no "best editor for PHP". Choose the one you like. Personally, I use Notepad++, but other editors are just as good.

When you're more experience, you'll want to use an IDE (integrated development environment) instead of a simple editor. Common IDEs are Netbeans or Eclipse.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Favored editors between my buddy and I are Notepad++ and PSPad.
    He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
  7. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

EclipsePDT is the best IDE for PHP.

I also recommend Geany on Linux.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013

thanks

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    EclipsePDT is the best IDE for PHP.

I also recommend Geany on Linux.
    I download it and use it. let's see what is best for me

11. Join Date
    Sep 2013

Hi sir

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    Hi,

I'm pretty sure your friend meant and not WAMPP, because "WAMPP" is the old name of the XAMPP package for Windows.

Whether you choose WampServer or XAMPP doesn't really matter. Both are simply compilations of Apache, PHP and MySQL (and some other stuff).

There is no "best editor for PHP". Choose the one you like. Personally, I use Notepad++, but other editors are just as good.

When you're more experience, you'll want to use an IDE (integrated development environment) instead of a simple editor. Common IDEs are Netbeans or Eclipse.
    yes you are right he was talking about WampServer.

thanks for add new information in my mind. that "WAMPP" is the old name of the XAMPP package for Windows"

I try to use "Eclipse PDT 3.0.x" because there are so many functionalists in Note pad ++,

13. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Sir Now I am using ; Notepad ++

but My teacher teaches me on COMODO IDE

and in that software, he gets functions automatically and in note pad++ we need to remind all functions.

Comodo is paid

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo