Hi - I'm trying to develop a calendar that will reflect event types with color coded cells. I've got 2 event tables, 'Pending' and 'Events' and where there is an event in Pending, I want the cell color to be yellow and where there is an event in Events, I want the cell color to be gray, and where there is no event currently pending or scheduled, I want the cell color to be white. I've gotten halfway there (I think...I may be on the wrong track entirely) this is what I have so far:

$result = mysql("cal","SELECT Event_ID from Events WHERE Month='$month' AND Day='$day' and Year='$year' ");
while($row = mysql_fetch_row($result)) {
$EID = $row[0];
}

$result = mysql("cal","SELECT New_ID from Pending WHERE Month='$month' AND Day='$day' and Year='$year' ");
$NID = $row[0];
}

if (!$EID && $NID >=1){
echo "<td width='100' bgcolor= 'yellow' valign='top'><font color='Red'>$day</font><br>n";

$result = mysql("cal","SELECT New_ID,ClientName from Pending WHERE Month='$month' AND Day='$day' and Year='$year' ");
$NID = $row[0];
$CLN = $row[1];
echo "<a href="clientView2.phtml?New_ID=$NID" onClick=return(openSmallWindow('clientView2.phtml?New_ID=$NID'))>$CLN</a><br>";
$NID="";
$CLN="";
}
}
else if ($EID>=1){

echo "<td width='100' bgcolor='#CCCCCC' valign='top'><font color='Red'>$day</font><br>n";
$result = mysql("elisaclark","SELECT Client_ID,ClientName from Clients WHERE Month='$month' AND Day='$day' and Year='$year' ");
$CID = $row[0];
$CLN = $row[1];
echo "<a href="clientView.phtml?Client_ID=$CID" onClick=return(openSmallWindow('clientView.phtml?Client_ID=$CID'))>$CLN</a><br>";
$CID="";
$CLN="";
}

}

else {
echo "<td width='100' valign='top'><font color='Red'>$day</font><br>n";
}
echo "</td>";

The problem being that this works fine unless I have a scheduled event that falls at the beginning of the month, and then all of the following cells are colored gray as well. I wish I understood why. Can anyone out there help?

thanks! Cory