1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to override custom .php file in child theme?

Hey folks,
    I have theme which have minor error/bug in its inc/spotlight.php folder in themes root. I want to override spotlight.php. I tried with normal ways to like override header.php but it won't work. I want to override complete spotlight.php with mine (fixed) spotlight.php file in child theme directory which I place same inc/spotlight.php folder.

Thanks,
    Asif
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

This post would be better off in the forum for whatever CMS or Framework you're talking about.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    This post would be better off in the forum for whatever CMS or Framework you're talking about.
    Well this doesn't help me at all. But forum allow me to add prefix for WordPress in the beginning so I am pretty sure. This isn't really off topic!
  7. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I'm not saying it's off-topic, I'm saying that I don't use wordpress. Everyone in the wordpress forum DOES use wordpress.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo