Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Pay to become a member php

pay to become a member php
    pay to register

i wish i could add some more details in the registration page and the php registration script

and what would that be ?

so basicaly its about making a website where user has to pay few dollars to become a member in our site ...

so that the he can view our streaming videos in the members only page ...
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

That's interesting. But what does this have to do with us?
  5. No Profile Picture

isnt this a help forum ? which is also sort of annoying with its ****ty avatar and ****ty images ?

Comments on this post

• portcitysoftwar disagrees : Why would you come into our forums ask for help and then insult our site while asking for more help!!!
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It is a help forum but not a free programming forum. So what have you tried and what doesn't work?
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  9. No Profile Picture

thanks for asking .. even little questions and little answers helps me to make my next little step .. ok

i have read a few books.. and few minutes ago downloaded "developer shed network php"

still cant find what i am looking for ..

an example model of a pay for membership or pay for registration type site
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Not really very difficult just don't try to do everything at once. Start by creating a registration/login page and learn how to secure the pages that require login (plenty of tutorials on that). Once you have that working you can add a bit to your database that signifies if the user has paid and incorporate that into the login mechanism. Finally, you can add a payment method to your registration that sets that bit to bring it all together. The payment part will probably be the most challenging for a noobie but by the time you get there, you should have a pretty solid understanding of PHP and you can concentrate on the logic rather than the language.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  13. No Profile Picture

"I would suggest that register first then payment. Maybe you can store the registration data into database first, and with an extra column name 'valid' or 'paid', which default value of 0 So after the payment, normally the payment gateway will send back the notification of whether the transaction is valid or invalid, along with some data. For example, for paypal is Paypal IPN After verifying the transaction is valid, the 'valid' or 'paid' field is set to 1, mean the user has paid "

thats from another website which i bookmarked ...

a bit more clairty maybe .. ?

i mean basically its an html form.. php script and mysql databse and table ...

so where comes what ?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

First you need to develop the database (table). Decide what information you want to store and design the schema.
    Second would be the registration page that collects the user information and stores it in the database (HTML form and PHP).
    Third is the login page that verifies the user information from the database (HTML form and PHP).
    Fourth is to secure the pages that require a login to access.
    Last is to add the payment method to the now working registration page.

As you go through this exercise you should be learning and using OOP and there are plenty of tutorials on that as well.
  17. No Profile Picture

thanks

i have been doing some little research on the php payment thing ..

after trying to implement it in a shopping cart with the help of paypal .. as an admin i get a notification from paypal .. and i get a notification via email

that is two notifications as a website administrator ...

now back to the trying to setup a pay for membership or pay for website registration

if the theoritical setup goes smoothly .. i get a notification from paypal ..

then i can validate the user in my database as an administrator ....

in its most simplest setup

thats my struggle with php and payment so far ...
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

From a coding point that would be the simplest but the worst way to do this. You should first learn php/MySql and utilize the PayPal XML Api to validate payments and pass data between your site and the paypal API.

Basically setup a simple register store the users data in a table then have another column to specify if they have paid for membership or an expiration date of their membership.

Originally Posted by gether
    thanks

i have been doing some little research on the php payment thing ..

after trying to implement it in a shopping cart with the help of paypal .. as an admin i get a notification from paypal .. and i get a notification via email

that is two notifications as a website administrator ...

now back to the trying to setup a pay for membership or pay for website registration

if the theoritical setup goes smoothly .. i get a notification from paypal ..

then i can validate the user in my database as an administrator ....

in its most simplest setup

thats my struggle with php and payment so far ...
  21. No Profile Picture

ok .. so an adminstrater trying to validate membership after receiving a paypal ipn notification is not a simple task
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Depends on how many validations you get. I have a similar situation but I only get a validation once in a while so I set the bit in my database manually. It takes about 15 seconds. If you get many per day then obviously some kind of automation is needed.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

it is a very simple task in coding but many people are going to want instant access as soon as they pay through paypal and not want to wait for admin to validate. Also if you are doing alot of business then you are not going to want to manually validate
  27. No Profile Picture

i have only seen few types of registration

1. where a user fills up a registration form and then registers..
    he logs in to view the contents

2. a user fills up a registration form .. then gets a confirmation email .. and after clicking the confirmation email .. he becomes a registered user

i was thinking about manually registering a user ...

i guess i need to view the users table as an adminstrator and i should say yes.. on a pending something ... to validate the user ...
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well there are many types of registration and login systems and most subscription systems the user will register without entering payment information. Their info will be saved into the database and a column `ActiveSubscription` will be false. after they have paid the `ActiveSubscription` will be true or equal to an expiration date.

Then the login will check for ActiveSubscription ==1 or ActiveSubscription < time()

And also on a side note. Do not come into our forums and insult the website while asking for help. Not a good idea and im not sure why im even answering your question. Alright?

Comments on this post

• sir_drinxalot agrees
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo