1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How can I use php with the ACCESS database till now i have conected to the MYSQL database only and used it as a back hand now I want to use ACCESS. Please list some standard functions also.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Asfar as I know you don't connect to Access itself, you place the Access database as one of the ODBC data sources and connect to that. It is quite easy, read the manual under the "ODBC" section. The basic functions are almost the same as with MySQL (I mean, they work almost the same). As for seting up the data source you will have to ask your SysAdmin to do that for you (unless you are the SysAdmin).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I've done this before, and it's a little more complicated than using MySQL. First, you create your database through MS Access. Then, you go into "ODBC Data Sources" in the Control Panel, and click on the "System DSN" tab. Click on "Add", then select what type of database you want to link (it would be the top one, *.mdb.) Hit "finish", then give it a name -- this name is important, as it will be what you call it from in PHP. Next, select where the database itself lies in the Database box (push the "select" button.) After all that, your ODBC database is ready to go! As for PHP functions, either download the manual or refer to it online, as most of the functions resemble that of the MySQL functions.

------------------
    To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems. -- Homer Simpson