1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Php database connectivity help

guys i am new to this forum. i need to know how to create a database through mysql and connection for every page.
  3. Mad Scientist
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Do you have access to a webserver with MySQL and PHP installed on it? If not, install xampp on your local computer

Use MySQL to create a database. There are free administration tools such as phpMyAdmin (installed as part of xampp) and MySQL Workbench.

Follow the PHP manual's PDO section for how to write PHP code to connect to your database, execute queries, get the data back and how to do something with it
    I said I didn't like ORM!!! <?php $this->model->update($this->request->resources[0])->set($this->request->getData())->getData('count'); ?>

PDO vs mysql_* functions: Find a Migration Guide Here

[ Xeneco - T'interweb Development ] - [ Are you a Help Vampire? ] - [ Read The manual! ] - [ W3 methods - GET, POST, etc ] - [ Web Design Hell ]
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Northie
    Do you have access to a webserver with MySQL and PHP installed on it? If not, install xampp on your local computer

Use MySQL to create a database. There are free administration tools such as phpMyAdmin (installed as part of xampp) and MySQL Workbench.

Follow the PHP manual's PDO section for how to write PHP code to connect to your database, execute queries, get the data back and how to do something with it
    can you provide me connectivity coding for content updation through admin panel
  7. Mad Scientist
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by victor1
    can you provide me connectivity coding for content updation through admin panel
    Do you know what RTFM means?

The PHP Manual
    I said I didn't like ORM!!! <?php $this->model->update($this->request->resources[0])->set($this->request->getData())->getData('count'); ?>

PDO vs mysql_* functions: Find a Migration Guide Here

[ Xeneco - T'interweb Development ] - [ Are you a Help Vampire? ] - [ Read The manual! ] - [ W3 methods - GET, POST, etc ] - [ Web Design Hell ]

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo