Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Do you know PHPx well? Do you want to learn PHP? Do you like to program as a hobby? If so, Eosnet needs your help!

We are working on some major projects currently that require a lot of man power. Namely, three browser based online massivy multiplayer games, refinement of the eosnet search and portal website, and the launchng of dbhome.com

If you would like to contribute and possibly become a future buisness partner, please contact us here or at webmaster@eosnet.com

-Eosnet Team
  3. No Profile Picture
    worshipper of DOT

I'm very interested ..

Details, please ..
  5. No Profile Picture

I am also interested.
  7. No Profile Picture

Please send me some info RE:

BTW, I am interested
  9. No Profile Picture

Me too!
    Would like some information tho.
  11. No Profile Picture

Yes I am very interested....John Clarke <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eosnet:
    Do you know PHPx well? Do you want to learn PHP? Do you like to program as a hobby? If so, Eosnet needs your help!

We are working on some major projects currently that require a lot of man power. Namely, three browser based online massivy multiplayer games, refinement of the eosnet search and portal website, and the launchng of dbhome.com

If you would like to contribute and possibly become a future buisness partner, please contact us here or at webmaster@eosnet.com

-Eosnet Team
    [/quote]

------------------
    TheButler
  13. No Profile Picture

I'm interested too.
  15. No Profile Picture

I am interested .Please send more information.

------------------
    -j-
  17. No Profile Picture

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your interest in helping. We (myself) have been recieving a much larger response than was expected.

When we discuss some preliminary terms of this project and you would like to continue, respond and tell us a bit about yourself and interests. Experiance in programming, (Does not have to be php specific) and if you would like to work on a specific project detailed below. Tell us what kind of games you like, send us some urls of websites you have made or artwork you drew and scanned, etc.

The Eosnet Project will start on a fully voluntary basis, it dosn't need to be a full time project and is completely done as a hobby and learning experiance for those that contribute. However if you happen to have that much extra time on your hands, feel free to do what you have time for. There is possilibity for a full buisness partnership if an applicant would like to contribute more than just programming and brain power. Also possible future employment depending on how well our project does and if the appropriate funds are there, as well as the contributors work ethic that is shown for the durration of the project.

The definition of Open Development will be different and offset from Open Source in that the code will stay closed source/private but the property of no one until a scheduled feature freeze for a build version is released to the public. At which time Eosnet Communications will take ownership of the frozen realeased code for it's buisness growth. If for some reason a developer feels that his/her code should not become the ownership of Eosnet they may opt their code out of the release and a new version will be made by another developer. However, if code has been modified by different developers that would be stricktly voluntary. You will have the option of allowing someone to modify your code or not with the modified CVS system that will be set up.

Initially funding will be done via banner ads to pay for resources. However, if your intrest becomes such that you want to make a donation, or even become a buisness partner we will have avenues in place for going that route. I am always open for the possiblity of affording strong co-location solutions or a bondable T1 line of our own.

Current website projects:
    1- The Eosnet.com search and portal website- designed to pull stored content customisation from MySQL to the individual users specifications. Geared to world wide usage so mass translation and/or a translation script is welcome. A strange problem that currently is happening sporraticaly when someone puts in www.eosnet.com is that it wants to go to an old IP address that is now non-existant. A couple solutions other than someone knowing what may be the problem is to change the domain to a better sounding search and portal name. Eosnet had originaly been a web hosting company and would work best as such. Or as a parent company website with links to it's main branches. cool.com seems a good candidate, but no one responds to e-mails or phone calls. Go figure. Onother solution would be to rename it Eosnet-World Wide Portal and have www.eosnet.com and eosnet.com meta refresh to wwp.eosnet.com so that the page loads properly every time.

2- Shryke.org- a recently aquired domain name that will turn into a gaming news and online gaming website. Initially starting with browser based games done in PHP, The website still needs to be made and the two games that are currently in developement are Merchant Empires, a strategy game loosly based on Space Merchant and Trade Wars (url coming soon). And an RPG called Darkness Night. You may see DN's premis at http://eosnet.com/dark These games will be massively multiplayer. Future games can be done in VB/C++ and what ever is needed and possible. It will be up to all feel like doing something like that. Again, if you have a better domain name, or know of one feel free to suggest it or send it our way.

3- Dbhome.com- another recently aquired domain name that will host Databases for anyone for free. The trick to this will be the database administration will be a script somewhat like PhpMyAdmin SQL administration script but will be much more secure.

4- Winbloze.com- A slightly difficult one to attempt but possible. This domain was aquired and is to be a linux website. The trick here will be to only have it be a linux website and not a microsoft windows bashing website. No need for any lawsuits.

6- The Eosnet Project main site still needs to be made with the modified CVS in place and of course news and developer private pages. As well as newbie tutorials on php, mysql etc so that they have somewhere to start should they joing later on in the project. A simple subdomain could be used for this website.

7- The modified CVS project- The CVS needs the necesary capabilities for a project like this in it. It will be done in PHP of course. :-)

Thats it, if I forgot anything and if you have any more questions/suggestions feel free to ask them.

Best Regards,
    Jason Turner Http://www.eosnet.com
  19. No Profile Picture

I'll be happy to ,
    Please count me in
  21. No Profile Picture

sounds great.
    Count me in!
  23. No Profile Picture

I am very keen in participating in this development as I am very keen on learning PHP in my free time.

I am also looking for a career in PHP and Linux side so this development or contribution would be of great help for me.

thanx
  25. No Profile Picture

Ok, go to
    http://www.eosnet.com/eosnetproject/

There will be a listbot signup. That will be our basis for communication. I am posting on the board here to make sure everyone can see it.

27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

that'd be great, if i could get to the url :P
    tells me that there is no server responding...
  29. No Profile Picture

There is a problem where www.eosnet.com
    points to a 24.4.87.46 IP address. That is a very old and now non-existant IP address. I don't know why it is still wanting to point to it when none of the DNS servers I use should have that on record.

try eosnet.com without the www and put a front slash after project like this:
    eosnetproject/

[This message has been edited by eosnet (edited April 29, 2000).]
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo