1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

PHP install not reading php.ini

Well, this isn't the first time I've done manual Apache/PHP installs, so this is kinda odd. My best guess is something with the version of PHP I'm attempting, but figured I'd ask for other's input.

Apache: httpd-2.4.4-win64.zip
    Fcgid: mod_fcgid-2.3.7-win64.zip
    PHP: VC11 x64 Non Thread Safe (2013-May-23 18:47:41)

Everything works fine as far as Apache and PHP running. Scripts work n all. But without the php.ini running, modules don't load, so I've no connection with MySQL.

I already had Apache/PHP on this machine so Program Files folders are ok, but to teach someone, I removed it and had them install it. (Figure it also a way to update. ) For sake of where it looks for php.ini, I've tossed it around the system into system32 n Windows n all with no luck.

Items in my httpd.conf:
    Code:
    <IfModule dir_module>
        DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
    </IfModule>
    <IfModule fcgid_module>
        # Where is your php.ini file?
        FcgidInitialEnv PHPRC "C:/Progra~1/PHP" 
        AddHandler fcgid-script .php  
        FcgidWrapper "C:/Progra~1/PHP/php-cgi.exe" .php
    </IfModule>
    <Directory "C:/Progra~1/PHP">
        AllowOverride None
        Options None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        Require all granted
    </Directory>
    I know the one variable seems to define location of the php.ini, but yet no load. Since it processes php successfully, I figure this file is not the problem

Any ideas? Thanks.

EDIT: N I just now noticed that I can only access my Web Server via the local IP on the local port. The IP of the WAN port does not work for me, not even from the server itself. Figure this has nothing to do w/ my php.ini issue, but thought to just toss it in.

EDIT2: As far as Program Files holding the space, originally that wasn't a problem, but with the newer stuff, it seemed to be, so PHP wouldn't load at all until I changed it to Progra~1.
    Last edited by Triple_Nothing; May 27th, 2013 at 11:27 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you look at the output of phpinfo() it will tell you the location of the php.ini files that it's reading.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Defines the Windows directory w/ no php.ini loaded. I was hoping to offer a info.php link, but gotta figure why my Apache is only running local. :-/

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo