1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Red face PHP Newbie need help for PHP interview on Monday

I graduated 6 months back and i still am unemployed. So i got a call for an interview for the post of PHP programmer.
    I pretty much got the basics but its impossible to learn any language in 3 days

And they also need the applicant to have a good knowledge of either Drupal or Joomla. I have both of them installed, but which one should i go after.

One more thing i am not able to understand so far in my trial of both the CMS's is that where is PHP used in both.

I really need to get this job. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I can't speak for the market in India but if you were here in the States I'd have bad news for you. Three days is not enough to go from "the basics" to a decent knowledge of PHP, let alone enough to understand Drupal or Joomla or any sizable third-party library to a reasonable extent.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

well you graduated 6 months ago. In that time you should have been self studying things you werent taught at uni and not just apply for job.

Having said that, learn as much as you can. In the actual job if it isnt a senior position, you can learn while you work,
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Develop your own project using either the two and make it as advanced as you can. I learnt so much doing it this way for other things and in the end I got to add it to my portfolio.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think from my experience, you need to be very passionate about improving yourself. It's not always easy to motivate yourself to commit free time to study and learn new skills but its necessary in this game. Obviously in a job you can learn as you go along, but even in a job you need to keep improving.

Yes you need to be able to do the job to a certain level of competence, but if you can bring that passion to the job, then as you grow as a developer, the greater value you can bring to an organisation.

Volterony
  11. No Profile Picture

I think you should go for Drupal as it provides the solution for all kind of complex websites such as shopping cart, online store management and many others.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo