1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PHP tutorial recommendation???

I just completed a class in PHP programming and submitted a program that I am having trouble with, as a result I found that everything I learned or di was all messed up. So I am asking for help. Can you please recommend a tutorial site that can teach me current PHP coding, and is geared toward beginners. I need to learn how to use PHP in conjunction with Xampp. How to access the MySQL /database how to connect to the database through php, add data and modify data in the database through PHP.

Thank you for your help...

Thanks..
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

How well is your HTML? If PHP is your first step, make sure you get HTML done first. Trying to learn PHP in relation to XAMPP means nothing. PHP is totally on its own, and GENERALLY SPEAKING the same with every web server. PHP.net is the best place to learn PHP items. Just use Google and do something similar to "how-to PHP ..." and it will lead you. Do keep in mind not all examples are best nor up-to-date. As far as MySQL, make sure anything you find does not start w/ mysql_ as this is a meer thing of the past, and soon to not exist. Use MySQLi or PDO. MySQLi is meerly MySQL while PDO works multiple database types. When researching your database items, try to use Prepared Statements as this will help with security.
    He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo