Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Php using third party software

Is there any way to send an image to any graphic tool using Php code?

Thanks in advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

What do you mean by "send"?
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

your question is not clear, do you mean a php program that can connect directly with hardware
  7. No Profile Picture

I am sorry, actually my question is 'Is there any way to open the image once uploaded, in any of the graphic tool directly' ?

When user upload the image it goes/open to any of the graphic tool so it can be manipulated there.

I hope it is clear now.
  9. Sarcky

Edited by whom? Once an image is uploaded, it's hosted on the server. If PHP issues the command to open that image in gimp (for instance), gimp will be invoked on the server, not on the client. It won't be useful to anyone.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  11. No Profile Picture

Yes ManiacDan you got me

Is that really possible? I actually want to then manipulate that image(as per user's need) and then show/display back to the user on the browser.

Thanks very much for you help )
  13. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

There is no way you can open the image in an image editing program on the visitors computer and allow them to edit it.

You could open the image in an image editing program on the server, assuming the server had an image editing program on it (most don't). However, this is really not particularly useful since I doubt you plan to sit in front of the server 24/7 and deal with opened images. It makes a lot more sense for you to just download the image off the server to your local machine and then edit it and reupload it when you're done.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  15. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    There is no way you can open the image in an image editing program on the visitors computer and allow them to edit it.

You could open the image in an image editing program on the server, assuming the server had an image editing program on it (most don't). However, this is really not particularly useful since I doubt you plan to sit in front of the server 24/7 and deal with opened images. It makes a lot more sense for you to just download the image off the server to your local machine and then edit it and reupload it when you're done.
    Thanks for your quick reply, what actually I want to do is to make an online PS type web based app. user don't have to do anything by himself he just click for his requirement and all done by the back end graphic designer, though I know it will make app a slower one. Can I really connect any tool which opens the image on server? If so could you me tell me through some code please?
  17. Sarcky

It will make the app and impossibly slow one. Add the image to a queue, allow the graphics designer to view the queue whenever they're working, and email the results back to the user (take their email when they submit the image).

You cannot have PHP wait for a graphics designer to do potentially hours of work, or come back from the bathroom, or get to the office.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  19. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    It will make the app and impossibly slow one. Add the image to a queue, allow the graphics designer to view the queue whenever they're working, and email the results back to the user (take their email when they submit the image).

You cannot have PHP wait for a graphics designer to do potentially hours of work, or come back from the bathroom, or get to the office.

Hahaha, thanks ManiacDan for the help.

So it's better to use graphic libraries than to wait for graphic designer to work., got it

Thanks a lot )
  21. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

before you go on, you should get clear about the difference between a home PC and a server.

When you plan to install Photoshop or a similar tool on your web server and have some designer fumble with it all day, there's clearly a misunderstanding. Web servers are for serving web pages, nothing more. They are not for desktop applications, multimedia, games or whatever. Usually, they don't even have a graphical user interface (unless you use this Microsoft stuff). If you install Photoshop or a similar tool on a web server, you have a problem, because every time your designer does some heavy editing, your page load times will go up. And every time Photoshop crashes, your website will be offline.

I mean, I don't wanna be mean, but sometimes I'm just baffled by the ideas people come up with...
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  23. No Profile Picture

Actually i am still a beginner Jacques1, so have less ideas and knowledge too., well thanks very much for your help!

It is really going to help me in future )
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

If I am understanding correctly as to what you are wanting to accomplish,[creating an online image editing feature like Piknik, or Pixlr or Aviary] THIS LINK may help you with what you want to do.
  27. No Profile Picture

Aww this is really amazing one DonR, thanks very much for your help
  29. Mad Scientist
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

depending on the needs of what needs doing to the image, tools like PHP's GD library or imagemagick can do a lot of manipulation. All the manipulation can be done server side by command line commands (that you will need to write) and the image saved again for serving back to the user.

real basic stuff like cropping, resizing and adding text can be done easily like this....for the full list of features available to imagemagick then look at their website!
    I said I didn't like ORM!!! <?php $this->model->update($this->request->resources[0])->set($this->request->getData())->getData('count'); ?>

PDO vs mysql_* functions: Find a Migration Guide Here

[ Xeneco - T'interweb Development ] - [ Are you a Help Vampire? ] - [ Read The manual! ] - [ W3 methods - GET, POST, etc ] - [ Web Design Hell ]
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo