Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

CIHOST is great, it is $27 / month but you get so many features including php/mysql and you get a gig of space and unlimited traffic. Can't beat with a stick! Also they have 24/7 support with live humans on the other end.
  3. No Profile Picture
    fantom
    CIHOST is good, but they've had some down times for the last 2 months I've been with them, and I'm actually thinking of switching to that phpwebhosting.com now, for couple of reasons:
    - first of all phpwebhosting.com provides those unlimited subdomains (yourchoice.yoursite.com) which CIHOST doesn't since it doesn't have wildcarded servers. Some people might not even care about this, and neither did I until I wished to use some scripts/services that required the wildcarded servers.
    - second, the CIHOST uses older version of PHP (version 3) while phpwebhosting uses version 4.
    - third, CIHOST charges extra for detailed stats, but gives you limited server access logs in those $27 a month.
    - and the last point is that CIHOST has 1GB limit of space and 10GB limit of bandwidth for those $27/month accounts, while I'm not sure how high this unlimited space/bandwidth policy of phpwebhosting.com goes...

I don't want to make CIHOST look bad here, cuz they are providing excellent service and fast customer support, but I just realized that I can get all that and some more for only $9/month with phpwebhosting.com...
    Now I'd also appreciate any recommendations on PHPWEBHOSTING like speed, experiences with their servers, customer support, etc, before I actually switch from CIHOST.
    [just my 2 cents...]
  5. No Profile Picture
    Apprentice Deity
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Niagara Falls (On the wrong side of the gorge)
    You can't beat the features you get for the price with phpwebhosting. However, I've had tons of problems with the servers and customer service (servers go down and they won't respond to emails, phone calls, etc) I guess you get what you pay for...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The best host I've ever seen is tera-byte.com.

99MB, 20GB transfer for $9.25/month.

They're fast, never been down in the two months I've been with them. And the numbers are for real - I've got a million pageviews a month going, all PHP scripts, and they haven't once complained about the heavy CPU I'm using...

I was with phpwebhosting for a short time and they were decent, but horrible support and "unlimited" turns out to be 200MB space and only 2GB transfer... No thanks.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page: