Thread: PHP and Xampp

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

PHP and Xampp

I am currently using Xampp as a part of a class, recently I found out that my Xampp is not configured correctly since it is not reading my PHP code. Now before I remove and reinstall Xampp to my Laptop.. I would like any advice I can get on the best way to download and configure Xampp.

I am using win7 os. Orignally I had access problems with Xampp due to Port 80 being used by Skype..I went throught a lot of different things to finally get Xampp to access to port 80 and I think also port 453. anywho I am not sure if what I did caused the Xampp configuration to not read PHP.. So before I reinstall Xampp, I would like to get any advice on the best way to install it to make sure I don't end up with Port 80 issues and make sure Xampp can read PHP code.. Thanks for you help...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

XAMPP will work "out-of-the-box" with no configuration necessary.

Your port 80/Skype issue is best fixed by opening the preferences in Skype and unchecking a box in "connection options" that tell it to "use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections".
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thanks but?

Ok so why doesn't it read my hop code...?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by dariusd7
    Ok so why doesn't it read my hop code...?
    Do you mean the code from THIS THREAD?

lets go back to square one.

when you start xampp's apache and mysql, ,then, open your browser to http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1, what do you see?
    Do you get redirected to the XAMPP default page?..or to a page that says It Works!?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

And when you open your file that is displaying the code (that it shouldn't), what is the address of that?
    He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo