1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Here's the scenario that I would love to get some help on:

I'm running PHP4 and Apache on my local Win98 box and have created an e-mail form using PHP4 (taken from www.thickbook.com). When I enter in the subscriber's info on the form and click the submit button, I'm taken to the php page that gives me a "thank you <insert name>" type message. The subscriber's info is then sent via e-mail. When executed through http://localhost, everything works like a charm.

Now, my webhost just installed PHP4 (running on an NT server) and is new to it like me. I moved the form and php file to the live site for testing (http://www.wholisticfitness.com/show_form.html) and here's where we have a problem.

The form submits fine, but none of the subscriber's data is captured. Bottom line, I get an e-mail that has no subscriber data, other than the field names.

We think it has something to do with his php.ini (since it works fine locally), but can't figure out why.

Does anyone have any clues?

Thanks in advance,

John
  3. No Profile Picture
    Apprentice Deity
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Niagara Falls (On the wrong side of the gorge)
    There're various settings in php.ini that could affect this. There are also some server settings that could affect this as well, but I'd check php.ini first. Check the manual, it has a complete list of directives and what they affect.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rod k:
    There're various settings in php.ini that could affect this. There are also some server settings that could affect this as well, but I'd check php.ini first. Check the manual, it has a complete list of directives and what they affect.[/quote]

Rod,

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, we know something is astray in the php.ini, we just haven't the foggiest as to what section would be causing this type of problem.

I've sent a copy of my php.ini to the webhost to see if there is a configuration difference between his php.ini and mine. Like I said before, everything works beautifully when I run it on my machine, it's just when we're out on the server that the subscriber info isn't be processed or captured.

Again, we are both new to PHP and were hoping some of the folks on the forum might point us toward a specific section of the php.ini.

John
  7. No Profile Picture
    Apprentice Deity
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Niagara Falls (On the wrong side of the gorge)
    Check gpc_order in php.ini and make sure it is set to 'GPC' this tells PHP to parse GET,POST,COOKIE into variables. If one is missing (G or P depending on whether you are using GET or POST in you form method) then the variables won't be set from the form in your action script.

If that's not it, you may have an apache AllowOverride with a limit that is preventing POST or GET (again, depending on what your form is using.) This could be in httpd.conf or in an .htaccess file somewhere in the document path.