1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Could someone please help a PHP Dumb?

Hello!

I'm using a PHP script based on enterspire shopping cart Bigcommerce. I'm changing some headers that it had on a very wrong way, eg the H1 was using the logo, which is irrelevant for SEO, every side bar was h2, and so on. A fixed a lot of it already. Now just need to change two <h2> tags to <h3>, but these i just cant track from where they come.

Could someone give me a light on how to find the file that is generating these two h2 tag?

The page is jmuller777.com

and the tags are in the title of the last two left side boxes (FORMAS DE PAGAMENTO / FORMAS DE ENVIO). They also appear in the footer but I think they are generated by the same file, just do not know which determine them.

All the others i could find going on intuition, but these two are giving me hard work.

If someone can help me out, I will be very grateful!

Thanks a lot!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

From looking at the output there is really no way to tell. You would have to examine the source code, determine how it constructs the page, and trace through that to the relevant place. Keep in mind that it could be coming from the database too.

Which h-tag you are using probably has virtually no bearing on your site's search engine placing.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

Have you tried looking for
    Code:
    <div class="BlockContent" align="center">
    or "Moveable Panel"?

Anyway, since we don't have access to the PHP scripts, we can't really help you with this. It's a matter of trial and error or inspecting the template logic.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    From looking at the output there is really no way to tell. You would have to examine the source code, determine how it constructs the page, and trace through that to the relevant place. Keep in mind that it could be coming from the database too.

Which h-tag you are using probably has virtually no bearing on your site's search engine placing.

Thanks, i tried exactly it, trace it back by looking at the source code, and i had done good until a reached these two h2 tags. But i did not look at my database yes, thanks for the advise.

And i also understand that its not going to rank my page on top 10 just because of the h tags, and that it have little to no impact on its SEO, but yet, since its very easy, i prefer to keep it coherent.
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    Hi,

Have you tried looking for
    Code:
    <div class="BlockContent" align="center">
    or "Moveable Panel"?

Anyway, since we don't have access to the PHP scripts, we can't really help you with this. It's a matter of trial and error or inspecting the template logic.
    I had. Searched for both but had found no results for them. I did not pasted the script here because i thought it would be detected as some form of spam or something not allowed.
  11. No Profile Picture

What kind of IDE are you using? If you're using sublime text 2 or text mate, or any decent code editor you should be able to search for the markup site wide. Suppose you're using ST2, drag the root directory of your project into the ST2. Go to Find -> Find in files... At the bottom of your editor you will see Find: (this is where you will put the code you're looking for) and in the Where: (this should be the file path to your root directory).

If you're not using ST2 i would google around on how to search all the files in a project with the IDE that you are using. Hope this helps!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo