1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Print_r wordwrap

is it possible to disable what appears to be a wordwrap when using print_r
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

print_r() does not wordwrap. What do you mean?

But it shouldn't matter because the function is only for debugging purposes.
  5. No Profile Picture

i don't believe it is a browser issue, I've put a long string of x's and they continue far beyond the limits of my screens width(giving me a horizontal scroll)

however with print_r the output begins a new line once the total width of the string reaches near my screens width with the exception of if there being a full word that would be longer than the remaining space then it appears on the next line

despite having a horizontal scroll bar (from the string of x's) the output from print_r still behaves in the same fashion conforming to some invisible constraint that i can only describe as a word wrap

if i zoom out some of the text will appear on the line above it to fill in the gap created by the increased screen size
  7. Transforming Moderator

print_r() outputs the exact contents of whatever you gave it to print. It will not add HTML, but if the contents include HTML that will be outputted normally and will be interpreted as HTML. Could that have anything to do with this?
  9. No Profile Picture

there is no HTML it is only a php script hosted on a server and loaded threw a web browser (firefox and IE behave the same way)
  11. Transforming Moderator

What does View Source show for the page, or at least the particular part of the page where the dump is? And where in the dump is it wrapping?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo