1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

To open .psd (photoshop document) file in a popup window

Hi All,

Can anybody please tell me, how to open .psd( Photoshop Document ) file in a popup window in php, not in Photoshop software.
    I want .psd ( Photoshop Document ) file should be open in a popup window , not in Photoshop software.
    I have a link of .psd file in php that would be open in a popup window. And also, no dialog box should be open while opening .psd file in a popup window.

Same case with opening .doc ( ms-word ) file in a popup window.

Please reply soon.

Very Urgent........................

Thanks

Harish Pathak
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

surely you would need PS or MS words installed on the server to be able to do what you want? and installing these on shared hosting, not sure.. another problem would be the cost/license issues with PS and MS..
  5. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You have to change these PSDs to something that a web browser can display, like JPEG or PNG.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  7. Web Developer/Musician
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

As far as I know PSD is a proprietary binary format. You might be able to find information on how to extract a JPEG or PNG thumbnail preview of the file out of the format, but otherwise it would have to some sort of browser plugin.
    Last edited by Hammer65; October 22nd, 2013 at 03:21 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

linux

If you have a linux server, you can use Gimp in headless mode.
    But it will not be 100% accurate.

Photoshop doesn't allow scripting on top of it.
  11. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by janjans
    Photoshop doesn't allow scripting on top of it.
    I was wondering if that was true. if it did, you'd be able to do this with a console command. Since it's not, you'll have to "fake it" with Gimp.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

as mentioned, GIMP is not 100% perfect and a perfect PS psd might look distorted as I found out earlier on when I had to use GIMP at home

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo