1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Reading PDF to extract data?

Hi,

I am looking for a class or something that can read PDF?

I have been searching and found FPDF or TCPDF but the examples there show only creating PDFs and not reading, doc seem to be not there (or am i not looking in the right place?)

So if any one has some resources they can help me with, that would be great.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

thanks, i finally got it working, but it seems to work with their sample PDF which consists or no more than few lines. When i try to test it with a real PDF it doesnt work and i get "PDF is encrypted" error?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I'd say the error is pretty clear. Unfortunately, I know of no PHP class that can decrypt a secure PDF file.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

sorry, i should have elaborated. Although i get that error, when i manually open the PDF i do not get any SECURITY prompts? having said that i do not have adobe, i have other softwarre so maybe security prompt only happens in adobe?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

No, if the pdf has been encrypted, no app can read it successfully without decrypting with the password. If you are able to open it successfully outside of PHP then indeed it may be a PHP problem. Find where in the PHP class that message is issued and go from there.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo