1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Request: simple image generation script.

I don't know enough PHP to figure out how to do it myself.. but I would like a simple image generation script where people upload a photo and choose a frame, then the script generates the image with the frame around it.

I hope that makes sense. But is there anyone willing to help me out with this?
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Are you looking for help doing this yourself, or for someone to do it for you? And if the latter are you willing to pay?
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by requinix
    Are you looking for help doing this yourself, or for someone to do it for you? And if the latter are you willing to pay?

I'm looking for help in doing it myself. I would pay if I had money. And even if I did, something this simple would probably only be worth $50. (Just my opinion) I have image generation scripts I've made and had help on before.. but I don't know enough PHP to do this without help. I just really need a starting point first, as I don't know where to start.

Edit: I know MSL really well, which is mIRC Scripting Language. And it's very similar to PHP in terms of how it tells the script what to do and such. So, I need as many resources on image generation as I can possibly get to read through. As well as help in where to start and how to do what I want to do. I know it's possible. I have userbar generators I've created so I know a little. And I know enough PHP to edit scripts without breaking them.
  7. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by MaxwellMorphine
    I don't know enough PHP to figure out how to do it myself.. but I would like a simple image generation script where people upload a photo and choose a frame, then the script generates the image with the frame around it.

I hope that makes sense. But is there anyone willing to help me out with this?
    Make a page where you upload photos and insert them into the database. I'd use phpmyadmin.
    Learn how to make frame for photos and allow the users to select the frame using radio buttons. Then dynamically load the background for the photos.
    If you want to go more advanced use GD library or Imagick.
  9. No Profile Picture

Okay, I'll start there and see how far I can get by myself. Thanks for the resources.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo