1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Just saying thanks to Dev Shed Forums

I've been teaching myself PHP from tutorials and books, I have to say over the last couple of weeks of visiting Dev Shed Forums the better I have become in the area of security. While the tutorials out there on the internet are a good place to start, they are terrible in the security department. I can't believe they are still using mysql_query in their examples, you would at least think they would be using mysqli_query. What I have learned from this PHP forum is do a Google search or go straight to the PHP Manual first to see if I can figure it first. Then I come here browsing the other posts and I usually come across a similar thread that solves my problem. I believe solving the problem yourself lets the knowledge sink in better than having someone else do the work for you. Besides in my opinion it's just being lazy on the poster's part if he/she doesn't research the problem first and wastes everyone's time. There are somethings that can't be figure out by what I just mention and those are the times that it is appropriate to post, but I guess even when that solution is posted it will be a V-8 moment.

Comments on this post

• Jacques1 agrees
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'm not far enough in to know the difference between mysql_query & mysqli_query, but I do know that this has been an incredibly valuable resource for me as well.

Thank you to all contributing members!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo