1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to schedule php scripts

hi everyone,

one my php page render graphs and then display them. it takes little more time then usual. i want the rendering part to be done at backend at regular intervals automatically. and php page should just call the rendered image.

regards
    Athar
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

it's called cron job.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

cron job is for linux. how about windows
  7. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Well, that's something you maybe should have mentioned, especially since Windows is a bit ... exotic in the world of web servers (I'm actually surprised it's still being used).

Fortunately, we have Google (or Bing, if you wish):
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313565/de
    Last edited by Jacques1; February 8th, 2013 at 04:53 AM.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo