1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How to scrape links and enter them into DB

Hello everyone. I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but is seems to be. Forgive me if its not and feel free to move it.

Ok,

I just bought a domain name called Report Scam

What I would like to do, of-course I am open to ideas here, is some how crawl and retrieve website links that have already been reported as a scam and have it enter it into my database. I'm not sure if this is called data scraping or not or how to do it. I want to start out with a rather large database of reported scammers without having to enter them in manually.

I'm not sure if this can be done at all, or if it can, I'm not sure if it can be done with strictly php or I need some sort of script. Any help would be great!
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by tech0925
    What I would like to do is some how crawl and retrieve website links that have already been reported as a scam and have it enter it into my database.
    Okay. Where are the links?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

A website like www.ripoffreport.com would be a great place to start to find the latest submitted scams.
  7. Put a potato on it!

I don't know if Google really keeps any information like that, but they do flag sites that have harbored malicious scripts or that include links to sites of that nature. You could check into Google's webtools and see if there's anything to be leveraged there.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo