1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up Sending Commands to the Sys File

Hi, Is there any specific function / method / class for communicating with a Sys file?
    let me explain what I want to do, I'm writing an Anti-Virus system, the main part is a sys file ( a kernel driver which I'm writing with C language ), well, for communicating with kernel driver the C programmers use DeviceIoControl(), with this function the user-mode program could send or get data from kernel mode program .
    I want to make my anti-virus with remote-control , For example I can send my commands to the base anti-virus from my office with a web script and see the result back to my web page.
    Is it possible?
    could anyone point me to some snippet which can be useful?
    thnx .
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Is there a particular reason why you want to use PHP for this?

There are many other ways which you can use to remotely control applications but if you are willing to experiment with some new stuff I might recommend building a custom Apache extension since it seems that you are already familiar with C. That way you could make use of the extensive Apache API which should spare you from the need to write everything from scratch.

This might give you some initial insight in how you could implement it http://articles.techrepublic.com.com...1-1053527.html I am sure you could find some more recent articles but this one briefly explains how the whole system works.
    Last edited by holodoc; March 7th, 2010 at 05:39 PM.
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    abstract class Ignorance extends Stupidity implements Unavoidable 
         public static 
    $humiliation

private function 
    __construct(){

parent::__destruct();
         }; 

?>

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo