1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Sessions and crawl

this may be a very basic question. I would like to know whether the data which are displayed only to logged in (php session authenticated) users will be crawlable by search engines?

for example:

there is a page domain-name/content-listings/ and this page lists some information for user.

Non-registered users will view basic information like name and postal address and these should be SEO friendly and crawlable.
    Registered users (logged in) will view sensitive information such as email_id and phone number which should not be crawlable by search engines.

will this be just achieved with sessions or do I need to use javascript and ajax to make email id and phone number protected from crawling and spammers.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Typically, unless you make some sort of allowances, your search engine will NEVER see the pages... A search engine will never be able to submit a form, like is required to log into most "user areas".

You would have to detect the user_agent, and give them access to the content even though they are not logged in, and this is not advisable...
    Thomas Tremain
  5. Come play with me!
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by vignesh_devshed
    I would like to know whether the data which are displayed only to logged in (php session authenticated) users will be crawlable by search engines?
    You kinda answered your own question.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo