1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb Simple PHP Framework? [NEED TUTORIALS]

So I'm a former designer and I know javascript and HTML and I want to create a small website with a couple of pages (basically it will be a javascript game, so there has to be a backend for it too).
    I have some familiarity with PHP but I never did any serious coding so I'm looking for an easy to learn quick framework that would help my needs. I googled a bit and found this PHPixie framework tutorial:

phpixie.com/tutorials/learn-phpixie-in-30-minutes/

I've gone through it and it seems simple enough. But I don't want to start doing something before i consider all options. What PHP framework (besides PHPixie) would you recommend me to have a look into?

I'm definately not inetrested in large ones like Zend etc.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

From what your looking for, it seems a good amount of this one may be HTML, and a GET/POST to reference the selected game. The backend will probably just build a list of added game from MySQL and give you an add/remove option? Am I right with my guesses?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

CodeIgniter is the easiest to learn MVC framework that I've ever come across.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  7. No Profile Picture

I'd go with Kohana and you can find lot's of tutorials for it to. That one you found seems ok too, You should try first, then see how it goes
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I found this article useful.
    http://davidjconnelly.wordpress.com/2011/07/03/the-best-php-framework-of-2011/
    (Although 2011 is in the URL, it was updated in 2012.)
  11. No Profile Picture

TOP 10 Frameworks

phpframeworks.com
    This site compare all kinds of PHP frameworks and help you choose the right php framework for your project.also this site give the TOP 10 Frameworks.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo