Thread: Smarty error

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smarty error

I'm a newb with PHP but I'm trying to help a friend out with their site. They haven't made any changes in the last 7 months but a couple of weeks ago the site just comes up with the following error:

Smarty error: [in tpl_top:23 line 1]: [plugin] unknown tag - 'process_pagedata' (core.load_plugins.php, line 124)

Can anyone please help?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Obviously something changed a couple of weeks ago (perhaps a system or component update). Start there by talking to your systems admin.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  5. No Profile Picture

I tried that. Have you ever had to work with Century Link? They don't know what customer service is, nor do they know how to fix anything.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

All I can suggest is that you post the relevant code. There are some Smarty users on here that might be able to help.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  9. No Profile Picture

I would if I knew what to post, I still think it is their server but can' t prove it. I would FTP the website but it is 131MB
  11. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

That error, according to google, means your plugins directory moved, disappeared, or otherwise is inaccessible. Find the plugin for process_pagedata and put it in the plugins folder of your smarty install.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo