Thread: SMS with PHP

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

SMS with PHP

Hello,
    I wonder if it is possible to send SMS with PHP. If so, then how?
    Thank you.

Max
  3. Confused badger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

1. Pay for an SMS gateway (this will provide an API so you send it HTTP POST data and it turns it into an SMS and sends it) or build your own, I suspect at least you'll need a SIM card attached to the server, maybe plug in a mobile phone via USB and tell it to act as a modem

2. Create a form to get the message content

3. PHP processes the submitted form data and sends the data to the gateway which in turn, sends the SMS and provides you with a returncode (which you can parse with PHP and display the result to the user).

That's how to do it in a nutshell.
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by badger_fruit
    1. Pay for an SMS gateway (this will provide an API so you send it HTTP POST data and it turns it into an SMS and sends it) or build your own, I suspect at least you'll need a SIM card attached to the server, maybe plug in a mobile phone via USB and tell it to act as a modem

2. Create a form to get the message content

3. PHP processes the submitted form data and sends the data to the gateway which in turn, sends the SMS and provides you with a returncode (which you can parse with PHP and display the result to the user).

That's how to do it in a nutshell.
    Thank you for sharing it.
  7. No Profile Picture

My developers did the same for my website as badger_fruit wrote, I just think you should seriously consider which gateway to choose. We tried several ones before we found don't advertise on these forums please, which runs great since then.
    Last edited by E-Oreo; October 10th, 2012 at 08:40 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    I haz teh codez!
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Gee, why do I smell a tag team astro-turf here?
    I ♥ ManiacDan & requinix

This is a sig, and not necessarily a comment on the OP:
    Please don't be a help vampire!
  11. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

According to the new rule which I just made up, users with only one post who registered in the past 24 hours are not allowed to reply to other users with only one post who also registered in the past 24 hours if they are recommending specific products. This is doubly true if the two posters are posting from the same IP address.

Comments on this post

• ptr2void agrees : Often see this for the product that was being spammed.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo