Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Strange. Website pointing to another domain show different style!

This website points to this website. They are basically the same websites BUT how come the style is different? The left column looks different!!!!!!!!!
    What is going on?

Also the titles have got different color!!!!!
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

I've compared the pages in both Chrome and Firefox, and they are absolutely identical to the last pixel.

Maybe one of the infamous browser cache issues?
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Absolutely identical to me.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  7. A Change of Season

Thank you for testing but why do I see these on the same browser?

First
    Second
  9. --

Cache issue?

It's the second variant for me in both cases.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  11. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    Cache issue?

It's the second variant for me in both cases.
    All cache clear it's been like this for a month
  13. --

Well, but obviously not for us. Have you tried a different browser?

Also, check the concrete differences. Your first screenshot indicates, for example, that the width for the pagination input isn't being applied. Why? Is the rule not even there? Is it being overwritten somehow?

default.css, line 1079:
    Code:
    .paganation { width:30px; border:1px solid #ccc; font-size:10px;}
    What's somewhat weird about the site is that the same stylesheet gets included twice (via link and via @import).

15. Sarcky

It's not just the style which is bad, there's extra CONTENT as well. There's links in one screenshot which aren't in the other. You are caching this site somehow. Use an incognito window to check them both.
    Last edited by ManiacDan; March 22nd, 2013 at 11:45 AM.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

are you trying to steal content from another site?
  19. Sarcky

Originally Posted by paulh1983
    are you trying to steal content from another site?
    No, he isn't:

Code:
    [maniacdan@maniac-laptop ~]$ nslookup WWW.GOLDCOASTFLATMATES.COM
    Server:		172.16.10.213
    Address:	172.16.10.213#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:	WWW.GOLDCOASTFLATMATES.COM
    Address: 202.146.213.13

[maniacdan@maniac-laptop ~]$ nslookup WWW.GOLDCOAST-FLATMATES.COM
    Server:		172.16.10.213
    Address:	172.16.10.213#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:	WWW.GOLDCOAST-FLATMATES.COM
    Address: 202.146.213.13

21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Why doesn't he just use meta refresh on the page he wants to look the same as the other.
  23. Sarcky

There isn't actually a problem, so any solutions provided would be solving at the server level something which is happening on only his local machine.

25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    There isn't actually a problem, so any solutions provided would be solving at the server level something which is happening on only his local machine.
    yes but he doesnt need two websites.. it creates the hassle of maintaining two sites. doesnt make sense
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by paulh1983
    yes but he doesnt need two websites.. it creates the hassle of maintaining two sites. doesnt make sense
    That's where I was trying to get :P
  29. Sarcky

He's not maintaining two sites, see the IP? They both resolve to the same IP, so it's the same site, just two domains point to it. his computer cached an older version of one of the domains, and that's his issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo