1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Find the first number in a string?

I need to split a string when it encounters a number.. and split everything after it .

Explode doesn't work cause the number can change. any regular expression hero's ? thanks
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

PHP Code:
    <?php

$res 
    preg_split('/\d+/''Split -->42<-- here 4'2);
    var_dump($res);
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    PHP Code:
    <?php

$res 
    preg_split('/\d+/''Split -->42<-- here 4'2);
    var_dump($res);
    Thank you for the fast reply! this works. But is it also possible to split and keep everything after that number?

as in "Something 2euro" and i want to seperate the "something" and the "2euro"

Regular expressions are so hard!
  7. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

So you wanna keep the number? When you say "everything after the number", I read that as "number not included".

PHP Code:
    <?php

$res 
    preg_split('/(?=\d+)/''Something 2euro'2);
    var_dump($res);
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo