1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Stuck on mysqli [very short code]

started learning php last week, at first didn't know anything about it so used mysql, now yesterday reading some article i saw that i should be using mysqli instead of mysql, so i changed all the code for my registration and login pages every works fine. However can't figure out the mysql_result to mysqli, couldn't find it on google too

the code:
    the error im getting:
    Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, object given in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/index.php on line 12

<?php
    require 'conect.php';

$user_ip = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];

function update_count()
    { global $dbconnect;

$query = "SELECT count FROM hits_count";
    if ($query_run = mysqli_query($dbconnect, $query))
    {
    $count = mysql_result($query_run, 0, 'count');
    echo $count;
    }
    }
    update_count();
    ?>
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

you cannot mix the old MySQL extension with MySQLi. They're incompatible and have nothing to do with each other.

Also you cannot fetch a single field in MySQLi. You can fetch a whole row and then extract the field from it:

PHP Code:
    list($count) = mysqli_fetch_row($query_run); 
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo