1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Studying Objected Oriented Development & reading Visual C# textbook good for PHP?

I have an option of studying Object Oriented Development course only but my interests are Web Design/Development in HTML, PHP, MySQL and Javascript.

Wondering whether doing this course and reading the textbook Visual C# 2010 How to Program 4th Edition will be useful in PHP programming or development?

Wondering whether the skills I learn here is transferable or similar in some ways and beneficial??
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

The principles of object oriented design the same across all programming languages, although the syntax and exact implementations are different.

It would probably make more sense to take a class that focused specifically on PHP, but some of what you learn about C# would be transferable.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

an equivalent thread is in the JavaScript forum, so we're having the same discussion twice.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    Hi,

an equivalent thread is in the JavaScript forum, so we're having the same discussion twice.
    No not really. Its like going to buy a new car. Are you telling me, that I should only go ask questions at a Toyota dealer about buying a car than at a Holden and Honda also to try and figure out which new car to buy? I am asking questions specific to a group of experts or experienced people.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks guys!

Thanks for the response on the other thread Jacques1 : )

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo